MARTA bus routes 5, 12, 25, 27, 36, 37, 39 and 110 will be redirected to accommodate street closuresduring the race. The roads impacted are as follows: Peachtree Road – Piedmont Road to Peachtree-Dunwoody Road; Lenox Road – East Paces Ferry to Buckhead Loop; Oak Valley Road – East Paces Ferry Road to Peachtree Road; Wieuca Road – Peachtree Road to Roxboro Road; 10th Street between Peachtree Street and Monroe Drive; and Piedmont Road between Monroe Drive and 10th Street.
Planning your excursion is easy: Smartphone and Android users are urged to download MARTA’s “On The Go” app to plan their trip and track bus and rail arrivals in real time.
Due to expected heavy volume, customers are strongly advised to purchase a round trip fare at the beginning of their trip to avoid the long lines and potential wait upon the return. Customers may purchase a round-trip Breeze card for only $2.50 each way. There is a $2.00 charge for the purchase of a permanent Breeze card. Breeze machines accept cash or credit/debit cards.
Remember, one Breeze card per person, and customers must tap cards to enter and exit stations.
Parking for less than 24 hours is free at all MARTA’s daily parking facilities. Customers parking at Lindbergh Center Station must park in the designated areas and validate their parking ticket at the machines located inside Lindbergh Center Station to receive daily free parking. Please note that MARTA has designated lots, which charge a fee. CheckMartaParking for details.
- First train starts @ 5A.
- Last train departs @ 1:10A
- 6 minute intervals (Lindbergh to Airport)
- 12 minute intervals (Lindbergh to N. Springs) & (Lindbergh to Doraville)
- Buses will run on a modified Saturday schedule: The customer can obtain specific route information by:
o Calling Customer Service 404-848-5000
o Via the MARTA website, or by
o Downloading the ‘MARTA On-the-Go’ app
Visit www.itsmarta.com or contact Customer Information at (404) 848.5000 (Open weekdays from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.; weekends from 8 a.m.-5 p.m.) for more details. For the convenience and safety of our customers, MARTA restroom access is available to the public from 6 a.m. until 7 p.m. daily, and only at the following rail stations:
|• Arts Center||• Indian Creek|
|• Avondale||• Kensington|
|• Bankhead||• Lindbergh|
|• College Park||• North Springs|
|• Doraville||• Peachtree Center|
|• *Five Points||• West End|
|• H.E. Holmes|
The events that will mostly impact MARTA are as follows: AJC Peachtree Road Race, the Fireworks Celebration at Centennial Olympic Park, and the Atlanta United Soccer Game.
AJC Peachtree Road Race
Lenox to Midtown 1st Race Starts @ 5AM
Projected Ridership: 21,000
Lenox, Midtown, Lindbergh & Art Center
Centennial Olympic Park
6:00PM – 11:00PM
Projected Ridership: 4,000
Peachtree Center & Philips/GA Dome/CNN
GWCC & COP are planning for/ expecting 25-35k people for the fireworks display.
There will be a size limit (11×17) on bags that can be brought into the park along with a list of prohibited items. Here is a list of what is not allowed:
The following items are not permitted inside Centennial Olympic Park
- No bags or backpacks larger than 11×17. Attendees and their belongings are subject to search.
- No coolers
- No glass containers of any kind
- No outside food may be brought into the event. Sealed beverages are permitted.
- No large umbrellas or tents
- No skateboards, scooters, hover boards or bicycles inside the event
- No pets
- No grills
- No illegal drugs of any kind
- Alcohol may not be brought into the Park
- Centennial Olympic Park reserves the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason
- Park visitors under 17 years of age are required to be accompanied by a parent or guardian 25
- years of age or older at all times
ATLANTA UNITED Vs. SAN JOSE QUAKES SOCCER GAME & POST-GAME MINI FIREWORKS:
Atlanta United match followed by fireworks at Bobby Dodd Stadium (GA Tech).