Rockdale County plans to conduct its own business census to determine the type of businesses that serve Rockdale and the number of vacancies and empty storefronts present.
The county’s Department of Planning and Development will kick off the doo-to-door Business Audit Campaign on Oct. 1,visiting all businesses operating in unincorporated Rockdale. Officials say they plan to conduct the physical inventory through the end of October. Businesses must be compliant by Nov. 1.
Business owners can expect a personal visit by staff from the Code Enforcement Division Team as they conduct field inspections. The team will be leaving notices and literature with the businesses as a reminder for license renewals for 2020, as well as looking for the following items:
- Is the address posted and visible?
- Is the signage permitted and in good condition?
- Is the exterior of the property clean and the building maintained in good repair?
- Is there a “current and posted” business license, alcohol license, tobacco license, etc.?
- Are the correct businesses being conducted?
For more information, contact the Rockdale County Code Enforcement Division at 770-278-7111 or Code.firstname.lastname@example.org.