The DeKalb County Department of Watershed Management reminds businesses and residents that DeKalb remains under a Level 2 drought response. DeKalb and eight other counties rely on Lake Lanier and the Chattahoochee River as their primary water sources and all remain in a Level 2 drought.
Outdoor watering is restricted to twice a week. Even-numbered addresses and sites with no numbered address may water Wednesdays and Saturdays, while those with odd-numbered addresses may water on Thursdays and Sundays. Watering is only permitted before 10 a.m. and after 4 p.m.
The following practices are not subject to the 4 p.m. to 10 a.m. or twice-a-week restrictions:
- Irrigation of personal food gardens
- Irrigation of new and replanted seed, turf or plants for a period of 30 days following installation
- Watering with drip irrigation or soaker hose
- Hand watering, including hoses with shut-off nozzles
- Water from private wells and bodies of water on property
- Irrigation of sports fields, golf courses and public recreational turf areas
- Irrigation of plants for sale