DeKalb County is holding a toilet paper drive to benefit the metro Atlanta homeless community.
Sponsored by the Office of DeKalb County CEO Michael Thurmond, the toilet paper drive is in partnership with Love Rolls Inc., a local nonprofit, which has collected approximately 225,000 rolls of toilet paper and distributed 125,000 rolls to homeless individuals, people in need and those impacted by natural disasters.
DeKalb County has a goal of collecting 3,000 rolls of toilet paper during this drive.
“When people think about serving the homeless, needy and those who have gone through a natural disaster, they immediately think about food and shelter. The reality is toilet paper is one of our most basic needs,” CEO Michael Thurmond said. “Love Rolls helps to address this need so that recipients are able to maintain both health safety and their dignity.”
Donations of toilet paper can be brought to the following locations from Feb. 12—23:
- Maloof Building, 1300 Commerce Drive, Decatur
- DeKalb County Fire Rescue Headquarters, 1950 West Exchange Place, Tucker
- DeKalb County Police Headquarters, 1960 West Exchange Place, Tucker
- Watershed Department, Memorial Drive, 4572 Memorial Drive, Decatur
- DeKalb County Police, South Precinct, 2842 H. F. Shepherd Dr., Decatur
- DeKalb County Solicitor-General, 556 N. McDonough St. # 500, Decatur
- District Attorney’s Office, 556 N McDonough St. #700, Decatur