The DeKalb County School District is encouraging its employees and residents of DeKalb County to pitch in and help Hurricane Harvey victims.
“Our thoughts and prayers of the DeKalb County School District (DCSD) family go out to the Houston and Southwest Louisiana communities as they work through the devastation of Hurricane Harvey. A catastrophe of this magnitude impacts all of us, and we must come together to energize and sustain the recovery effort,” officials said on the district’s web site.
The district is encouraging its employees, families and neighbors to lend assistance to use the following list to provide help:
- Houston Independent School District Foundation – http://www.houstonisd.org/Page/164281
- The Salvation Army: To donate visit www.helpsalvationarmy.org or call 1-800-725-2769.
- Catholic Charities USA: Visit www.catholiccharitiesusa.org to donate.
- GlobalGiving: visit https://www.globalgiving.org/harvey. Donors can also text HARVEY to 80100 to donate $10 to GlobalGiving’s Hurricane Harvey Relief Fund. Message and data rates may apply. Or you can send a check by writing,”Hurricane Harvey Relief Fund” in the memo line and mailing it to GlobalGiving, 1110 Vermont Ave NW, Suite 550, Washington DC, 20005.
- Save the Children: www.savethechildren.org. Save the Children’s emergency response team is on the ground in San Antonio, Texas, working to meet children and families’ immediate needs.
- Apple: The multimedia giant has set up a donation link directly on iTunes and App Store.Visit www.apple.com for more information. Donations will go directly to the American Red Cross.
- Hurricane Harvey Relief Fund. Houston Mayor Sylvester Turner established this fund administered by the Greater Houston Community Foundation to accept tax-deductible flood-relief donations. Checks and money orders can be mailed to the Greater Houston Community Foundation, while online credit card donations can be made at www.ghcf.org. Online credit card donations will be assessed a small fee by the credit card companies. Donors have the option of increasing their credit card donations to cover this fee. Wire-transferred cash will also be accepted.”